Gosh i love CONFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is the greatest thing EVER!!!! I can't believe how much i took for granted General Conference back home..... I wish i would've realized how important and how crucial and critical and amazing it is to have the Lord speak through his chosen servants to utter words of inspiration and counsel to His church and members to give us the guidance we so badly thirst for in this world of choices and consequences... I remember the first conference in the MTC on the Mission, all of the missionaries standing and singing along, thousands of amazing young men and women praising and singing to our God, little greenies full of light and enthusiasm to proclaim the Gospel to the ends of the world. Who knows what miracles all of those valiant young people have been able to partake in at the same time i have been able to feel the love and see the transforming light of which the Gospel of Jesus Christ exudes...
I think that first session of Conference the week before i left for Hawaii has changed my thoughts and perspective on conference..... The words uttered off of that pulpit rolling from the tongues and lips of chosen vessels of the Lord are the essential and bare neccessities that we need to heed towards and find comfort in for the upcoming six months... Those talks are as scripture, and combined with our standard works, they are the words that God wants for us... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, do not ever take for granted how blessed we are to have such a wonderful and inspiring event as General Conference, search their words diligently... We had the Kanana family and Raul show up to the Tabernacle to listen to conference and I think they enjoyed it... Hopefully we can get them with dates and help them GET IN THE WATER!!!!!!!!
But back to conference..... I think the Priesthood session will be posted on the internet on the church website and anybody can view it... WATCH IT!!!!!!! Especially the one given by Patrick Kearon, i believe of the seventy, it is one of the GREATEST TALKS i have ever witnessed! Absolutely disgustingly full of sickening inspiration, WATCH IT!!!!!! Oh and i couldn't help but notice our little buddy Colten Baird singing up there with the MTC missionaries, busting it out... That was such a cool thing to see. I remember the first days in the MTC i ran into him and talked to him and played guitar with him and the Poly's for a little bit... What an awesome kid and an amazing transformation he has made..... Nothing too much to say about work here, it is going pretty good, we have an AWESOME DISTRICT!!! We go on hikes every Pday and i can't help but imagine all of the possibilites for elk and deer if somebody could get them planted into the back ridges and hills of the rugged landscape of Hawaii... Ha ha, I am going to make it happen!!!!!!!!!! I hope you got the sd card that i sent home, it kind of shows some of the hikes we have been going on.... Try to send it back as soon as possible so i don't have to buy another one before this 2 gig sd card runs out of room.... Thank you so much for the packages, Brenda, Mom, and LISA!!!! We love listening to that APOSTA cd, it is great!!!
IN answer to your questions before i go..... we watched conference at the Tabernacle..... Edwina is doing good still, she still is living with her man though.... I am sleeping pretty good and feeling good, i am losing a lot of wieght so that is good...... LOOK OUT LADIES!!!!!!! I'm only a year away!!!!! JK, My comp is good, he is crazy, but in a good way, a little bit too crazy for a missionary but its okay, We live on like 737 21st street in kaimuki, it is by the Kahala mall..... I loved the elk call and the dog upstairs doesn't know what to do when i give him a little elk bleat.... LOL, Send some pics of the haloween street and our house, i wouldn' mind.... Man i can't believe under a year and i am back home!!!! It kind of makes you a little trunky, but i am sure i will cry like a little baby when i have to leave this amazing place!!!!!!!!!!!!
I want to bear all of you my witness..... Please, please, please all of you within the sound of my voice, i beg and plead and cry unto you, SERVE A MISSION!!!!!!! In priesthood session this past weekend you heard and apostolic cry for more missionaries, young men and young women, couples, we need more missionaries in the field and not only that.... YOU NEED missionary experiences for your personal and individual fields of life...... I am so happy, so so so so so so so so so so so HAPPY that have come on a mission!!!!! I KNOW it is what the Lord expects of all of his young men and sisters who are able.... It will change your outlook on life, it will strengthen your testimony of the Gospel to the point where you cannot deny the fact of the truthfulness of blessed Plan here in this, the dispensation of the fulness of times..... I testify that God speaks through his Prophet and apostles..... I wish i could take every ounce of my body and soul and heart and throw it onto your own so that you could feel how well and perfect i know that this work is true and that the Book of Mormon is the greatest book any man or woman could ever read..... Don't ever, ever ever ever, deny the truthfulness of this Church, throw all doubt away.... This is God's church, i so testify in the name of Jesus Christ amen...... OFA ATU, Elda hala
Monday, October 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hawaii Time


No comments:
Post a Comment